Police Homeownership Program
CHFA is proud to offer an additional 0.125% off the already below-market interest rate loan to help Police Officers purchase homes in the participating communities where they work.
- Reduced below-market rate loan
- No asset limit requirements
- Downpayment Assistance Program loan available
- Existing – Single Family
- New Construction – (Statewide Single Family / 2 unit eligible in Targeted Areas only)
- 2 – 4 units (existing & occupied as residential for the past 5 years)
- Condominiums (FNMA & FHA approved – Includes 2-4 unit projects)
- PUD’s (FNMA & FHA approved)
- You must be a municipal Police Officer buying a home in the participating city or town where you work or a State Police Officer buying in any participating town.
- You must be a first-time homebuyer or have not owned a home in the past three years.
- The home must be your primary residence. Investment or vacation properties are not allowed.
- The sales price of the home must be within the CHFA Sales Price Limits, and your gross income must be within the CHFA Income Limits.
The following municipalities participate in this program:
|East Haven||New Haven*||Waterbury*|
|Enfield||New London*||West Hartford|
**Certain portions are targeted areas
If your town does not participate, please call us and we will work with CHFA to help with your town on participating in the program. In addition, some municipalities offer grants to cover closing costs. Police Officers are encouraged to check with their city or town.
PLEASE NOTE: LOAN PRODUCTS AND THEIR GUIDELINES CAN CHANGE AT ANY TIME.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an offer to make a loan or to make a loan on any particular terms. All loan applicants must qualify under underwriting requirements and satisfy all contingencies of loan approval. Rates and terms subject to change without notice. Norcom Mortgage NMLS ID # 71655 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org)