CHFA is proud to offer an additional 0.125% off already below-market interest rate loans to help Teachers become homeowners in the communities where they work. You must be a first-time homebuyer or have not owned a home in the past three years. The home must be your primary residence. Investment or vacation properties are not allowed.
You must hold a valid Connecticut certificate and;
- Be employed as a teacher in a priority or transitional school district as listed below; or
- Employed by the State of Connecticut in a technical high school that is located in a priority or transitional school district; or
- You graduated from a public high school in an educational reform district (as defined in Section 10-262u of the CT General Statutes); or
- You graduated from a historically black college or university or a Hispanic-serving institution; or
- You teach in your respective endorsement area/s in one of the following State-Identified Subject Matter Shortage Areas listed below.
- In the case of certified teachers in a priority or transitional school district, or in a technical high school located in a priority or transitional school district, the dwelling must be located in the district in which the school is located.
Targeted Area Exception
If you have owned a home in the past three years, you may still be eligible if you plan to purchase in a targeted area, which are communities targeted by the federal government for revitalization. CHFA will waive the income limit for eligible applicants purchasing in Targeted Areas who are not applying for a Downpayment Assistance Program loan.