Military Homeownership Program
CHFA is proud to offer an 0.125% off already below-market interest rates for Veterans or Military Service members loans.
CHFA extends special benefits to military families preparing for homeownership. We are proud to offer several financing options to help current members and veterans of any branch of Military Services, the Army National Guard, or the Air National Guard purchase their first home.
Military Mortgage Option
There is an additional 0.125% off already below-market interest rates for veterans or Military Service members loans. This program is open to unmarried, surviving spouses or civil union partners of a veteran who died as a result of Military Service or service-connected disabilities.
- Below-market interest rate mortgage
- Sales and income limit exceptions in certain areas
- Down payment assistance available
- You must be a first-time homebuyer or have not owned a home in the past three years.
- Your new home must become your primary residence. Investment or vacation properties are not allowed.
- The sales price of the home must be within the CHFA Sales Price Limits, and your gross income must be within the CHFA Income Limits.
- Single family homes, Townhouses, and Planned Unit Developments (PUDs)
- Condominiums that are FHA/VA-approved or Fannie Mae-eligible
- Two-to-four unit homes that have been used as residences for the past five years
- Newly constructed two-family homes that meet FHA energy efficiency standards
Targeted Area Exception
If you are not a first-time homeowner, you may still be eligible for a CHFA loan if you plan to purchase in an area of the state targeted for revitalization, known as a Targeted Area. CHFA will waive the income limit for eligible applicants purchasing in Targeted Areas who are not applying for a Downpayment Assistance Program loan.
PLEASE NOTE: LOAN PRODUCTS AND THEIR GUIDELINES CAN CHANGE AT ANY TIME.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an offer to make a loan or to make a loan on any particular terms. All loan applicants must qualify under underwriting requirements and satisfy all contingencies of loan approval. Rates and terms subject to change without notice. Norcom Mortgage NMLS ID # 71655 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org)